Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I can't wait.............

Last night was very cool!! We were laying on the couch just before going to bed and Emmie was really moving. I would put my hand on Holly's belly button and it was almost as if I could kind of make out what body part I was feeling. Sometimes it felt like an elbow, other times it felt like her hand. It was nonstop for about an hour. It was then that it pretty much hit me in the face that I am really ready to meet this little miracle! With Parker being born and two other of our close friends having babies over the last couple of months, I'm ready to meet our little girl.

But then, when we got into bed, Holly thought it would be important that I learn how to deliver the little dudette if we couldn't make it to the hospital. Ok, I like the doctor stuff, I can handle this. HA!!!! The part about making sure to use old towels and newspaper to cover up everything and how to not pull the head but to ease it out and if the cord is around her neck to gently put a finger in between the cord and her neck and ease it off.................holy crap!! Let's just say that when the stream starts a'flowin, my truck will be started, the bags will be loaded, and everyone will be called in a matter of about 15 seconds, and anyone on Highway 121 North at that very moment (including all police and firemen) better move out of the way!!!!

On a more serious note, this whole experience for me has been pretty eye opening. I think our relationship has grown more over the past 9 months than I could have ever hoped for even without a child on the way. I have grown and learned from this experience which has made me a better husband. I still have a hard time with abrupt mood swings and things that just don't make sense to me :) , but it's impossible to not be more aware, more sensitive to Holly's needs, more proactive to do things (expect for laundry and the dishes - still have a hard time with those), and overall more polite and caring for Holly and our relationship. I think this is one of those God things that you go through to make your time after the baby comes a great deal better than you plan for. Just like when Holly has to wake up every 2 hours to pee is a lesson in getting used to waking up and feeding the baby, what I have learned and how close I have gotten to Holly is just going to make things better when Emmie gets here due to our "alone time" being drastically taken away. This miracle of childbirth is not simply a baby being born, it's what you learn and take in for 10 months, how you grow as a person and how close you get as a couple. ~ Chris

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that this blog made me cry. I always knew you were a very sensitive, caring person, but this blew me away. I am so very proud of you both and am so thankful that you have found the kind of love to last a lifetime and endure all that life sends your way. You love each other enough to share that love with a child, and that says so much. You will always have obstacles to overcome, but sharing those obstacles and trusting in each other will carry you through. Trust in God and in each other, and Emersyn will be the luckiest little girl in the world when she gets to finally meet her wonderful parents. Won't be long now! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete