Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

17 days to go...

...until school is out! Yes, I've only been back to work for one week and I'm already counting down the days 'til summer. Today, as I'm walking a teenage boy to the principal's office for punching another boy in the face three times during the middle of class, I think to myself, "As much fun as it is to play the role of teacher, counselor, disciplinarian, mentor, peacemaker and referee all in one day, the only role I really want to play right now is that of Mommy!" I love my job, I really do but just like everyone told me, being away from Emmie is so dang hard! It is crazy how much I miss that little stinker when I'm not with her.

She is growing and changing so much right now, every day is different than the day before. For example, this weekend I found a spot on her legs that I can tickle to make her giggle. She loves to watch TV now too. It's so funny. She will sit in her bouncer in front of the TV and watch an entire episode of Dora the Explorer. She even likes to watch golf with her Daddy! And just yesterday we noticed that she's starting to try and sit herself up. The only thing she can really lift right now is her head but it is so cute to watch her try. I could go on and on but my point is that these are the things that make being away from her so tough. I don't want to miss anything!

I do have to give some credit to Chris in this post. He has really stepped up while I've gone back to work and taken a much more active role with Emmie. Don't get me wrong, he's been a great Daddy from the beginning but now that we are both working, we've had to change some of our routines and he's been awesome about it every step of the way. I think he even gets to spend more time with her now than I do and he's loving it. Thanks honey! We make a great team!

No comments:

Post a Comment